We’re looking for a scrappy, curious developer with a passion for building products and operating in the fast-paced ambiguity of an early stage startup! You’ll be one of the first 10 members of a team not only helping to build the product, but the company and the culture.
We’re a very early stage startup with funding, backed by one of the top 5 investors in the world. Today, we’re a small group of 7 individuals, currently looking to grow our engineering team (slowly to help preserve an environment of drama free, smart, hard working team members). At this company, we’re pre-product market fit, but we’re a team of people who have built and scaled products from 0 to 1 at other organizations.
- Use React and React Native to build delightful interfaces that deliver simple experiences that support complex, configurable workflows.
- Work with and contribute to our state-of-the-art stack, built with Elixir & Phoenix.
- Build modular, reusable components that work across web and mobile.
- React to customer issues and suggestions, and fix bugs.
- Work with a seasoned, focused, and talented team of engineers.
Beyond individuals who are smart, hard working, and low-ego, ideal candidates have the following:
- Between 1 and 3 years of previous software development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- Desire to continuously improve the quality of your code base.
- A level of comfort taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion.
- Technologies we use most include Elixir, Phoenix, React and Postgres. While those are not must haves, experience with them or similar technologies are desirable.
- Good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- A methodical approach to debugging complex issues.
- A nice person with a healthy curiosity and desire to learn.
- Opportunity to help build a product, company, and culture from the ground up
- Learning from an experienced team of senior engineers
- Great medical, dental, and vision plans
- Snacks, coffee, and lunch provided in-office
- Unlimited vacation, pre-tax transit benefits, and long and short term disability
- Fun work environment with a flexible work schedule
- Dog friendly office